I was inundated by matches, and the first one I saw indicated that this entry needed some suspenseful leadup. So, without further ado:
My magical first pairing. Bachelor #1 in his own words: "I have a Rastafarian/Christian world view. By that, I mean I live life closer to that of a Rasta Man than a traditional American Christian but I follow Jesus instead of Ras Tafari."
What this means is: I am a Christian person, but I smoke a lot of pot.
Bachelor #2: what is he looking for in a woman? "The fruit of Love, and all the characteristics that make up the fruit of Love!"
I know he's trying to be Biblical, but I can't get over the "fruit of love" euphemism. I feel like I'm looking at a Georgia O'Keefe painting.
Bachelor #3 has a picture of himself with a dead moose that he just shot and many pictures that appear to be either mug shots or closeups from a yearbook.
Bachelor #4: Felipe...the Japanese guy?
Bachelor #5: I love it when people are indignant and condescending in their profiles before you even get to talk to them. here's an excerpt from this dude's profile: "The bible promises trouble for those who marry, yet here we seek it. Vows mean nothing until they are tested. If you think love is an adjective, don't waste your time trying to get to know me."
"yet here we seek it." actually sir, no *we* don't.
Bachelor #6: appears to think "the" is spelled "tha" and also doesn't like finishing words. Just=jus telling=tellin keeping=keepin. The last book he read is "!"
Bachelor #7 in his own words "The art of seduction by Robert Greene. I haven't finished it yet but is interesting how he explains in what type of seducer you can fit and how to exploit this abilities not only to improve your love life also for your social life and career goals. "
At least he isn't trying to hide the fact that he is trying to manipulate me. or rather, exploit me.
Bachelor #8: I'd like to thank him for the nearly nude photo. he asks us not to judge a book by its cover. then why am I looking at your pelvic bones, sir? but he has this advice for all us ladies living life to the fullest each day, "have a smile on your face when you wake up in the mourning"
and done.
I'm shuddering, gasping and giggling here at my desk this morning... Your writing may be better than sex, though I have no frame of reference.
ReplyDeleteJules, I love this! I have to admit, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to use "love" as an adjective. Tell me - how do you get past all the spelling errors? That would make me absolutely nuts.
ReplyDeleteDear Bachelor #5,
ReplyDeleteCould you please explain how vows mean nothing until they are tested? Is this code for "I'm a serial cheater" or are you just the the unibomber 2.0?
Love(not as an adjective),
Sam